The Mission of the Conscious Alliance is to:
• Distribute food and resources to communities most in need.
• Educate people about hunger, sustainability, and the issues facing American Indian Communities.
• Create service-learning opportunities for youth on American Indian Reservations.
• Facilitate the sustainable development of American Indian communities
• Mobilize resources for first response disaster relief.
Since inception in 2002, the Conscious Allioance has successfully collected and distributed over 500,000 pounds of non-perishable food donations to local food pantries and impoverished communities across the United States, through collaborations with musicians such as String Cheese Incident, STS9, Dave Matthews Band, Jack Johnson, Phil Lesh and many others.
In addition, they successfully built a much needed food storage and distribution facility on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota. The unit is used to store and distribute emergency food supplies to more than 100 families at the end of each month when bills are due and emergency food is critical in making it to the next month.
For more information, and to find out what concerts and events will benefit the Conscious Alliance, visit www.consciousalliance.org