Donate Life Colorado is the state-authorized organ, eye & tissue donor registry. Maintained by Donor Alliance, the federally-designated non-profit organ procurement organization and accredited tissue bank serving Colorado and most of Wyoming, the mission of Donate Life Colorado is to save lives by inspiring people to sign up with the state organ, eye and tissue donor registry.
Our vision is that one day all Coloradans will embrace organ, eye and tissue donation as their personal responsibility and no one will die waiting for a lifesaving transplant. You can help by saying ‘yes’ to organ and tissue donation at the Driver’s License Office or by registering online anytime at www.DonateLifeColorado.org.
Colorado Facts about Organ and Tissue Donation:
• In Colorado and Wyoming 2,360 people are currently waiting for a lifesaving organ transplant.
• 67% of Coloradans are registered organ, eye and tissue donors.
• Of those waiting, 1,661 are currently waiting for a kidney—the organ most in need (70%)—and 596 are waiting for a liver (25%).
• 14% of current transplant candidates in Colorado have been on the waiting list for 5 years or more.
• 46% of those waiting for an organ transplant are between 50 and 64 years of age.
• Colorado has one of the nation’s highest-performing state donor registries with nearly 67% of driver’s license/ID card applicants registering as organ and tissue donors.
Donor Alliance website